Saturday, December 20, 2008

Almost there.....

I read in a remodeling blog recently that approximately 3/4 through the project is when the homeowner morale is lowest. The last few weeks have been my dark place. I think perhaps banshee is a good word to describe me around the house....I can not wash one more dish in the tub. The dust is making me insane. We are literally 2 weeks from done and I still can't believe this will ever be finished. It seems to eek along at a snails pace. We had snow this week, another delay. Our appliances were delivered but not the oven. The snow comes down outside tonight and I wonder if any work will happen on Monday. I had a dream (nightmare) last night in which they told us we would be still working on this thru February.

We painted last weekend. Here we are getting ready to paint. The color I picked for the kitchen accent walls took 4 coats. I was painting my kitchen on Monday night at 10:30 pm. That was fun. I do love the color, though. It is exactly right. Photo taken at night - color looks better in daylight. It is LIME. In a good way. To the right of the lime will be an accent wall of wallpaper once I get to that in the coming weeks.
This is the upstairs with paint. To the right of the window is our new bathroom - unfinished for the time being. We didn't intend to finish it immediately, and will do so gradually over the coming months. We're actually getting all crazy and trying to do the remaining work ourselves - tile, flooring. Nice to not have chaos outside the bedroom anymore...

Snow continues to Fall tonight in Seattle. They said 4-8 inches in the metro area.. we walked to a local restaurant for dinner. Peter has been unable to get to work for 2 days. I tried to take my car out today to run errands. As soon as I was in our street sliding on ice towards our neighbor's car I decided nothing was urgent. We remain snowbound for the rest of the weekend...

No comments: