Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mark your calendars.....

Winter began in Seattle today. Mark it down. Sept 20th. 63 degrees and rainy.
This is what I will look at for the next 7 months. Gray sky. You can't see the rain,
but believe me, it was raining as I took this photo..... Okay, so at least I don't have to water my garden anymore and mother nature will handle that for me....

Not to be so glum.

Nothing is happening on the remodel. We are told framing starts on Monday and from then on it will be fast progress. We have our foundation ready to go. I really don't care so much since we are not really disrupted right now. I pack a little in the kitchen every weekend just to be on top of it. In my years of living and moving the one thing I know is kitchens are a beeee-yatch to pack. It is the room in the house that takes more boxes and more time than any other. In essence, our kitchen needs to be fully packed up by the time we have new cabinets put in, so I'm trying to chip away at it. Really, I do adore the fact that we own 12 beautiful Champagne glasses given as wedding gifts....but those things can get packed up for the next few months! and so it goes with the panini press, cookbooks, vases, the juicer, etc, etc, etc.

Last weekend I had a visit from my friend Col. She's been working on a convention in Seattle for the past few years so it's been great to see her a few times a year. The convention is finally here so she was in town to facilitate. Last trip on the work dime......sad, but she swears she will come back on her own dime soon enough. We had a great night and perhaps a bit too much wine, but that is what happens when one is in the company of an Irishwoman.....Yummy dinner at Tavolata, supreme Italian food in Seattle.

Rainy days = time inside to work on projects!!! I have had a wild hair to do silhouette portraits of my family and have been working on them today. I must admit - I am thrilled with the result. Yes, if you know me you know modesty is not my strong suit, whatever....Intending to play with this idea more, perhaps do paintings instead of the construction paper cut outs you see here, although I do like the cut outs! ( true silhouette making - old school ) Can't decide to frame them individually or matted together? Sorting it out, but really inspired by the initial work. Do they not look just like us???? I made my hair crazy on purpose...that wild curl in the back is intentional.....

1 comment:

storydancer said...

They do look just like you! Well, I haven't met the dog, but...