Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes. We. Did.


It's hard for me to focus on much more than the amazing result of Election Day. Who'd a thunk it a year ago? The progress this country seems to have made is heartening. The only sad note for me is the anti-gay initiatives that passed in several states. Denying gay marriage in CA, in Louisiana making adoption illegal for gay people. Really? There is still progress to be made on tolerance. It saddens me that my numerous gay friends who I love dearly are being discriminated against. Hopefully one step forward in equality with Obama as president will tip the scales for tolerance in other ways. Hopefully.

That's all for my political statement tonight. We were up so late last night in celebratory mode
that I'm really exhausted today. My friend Ricki is in town for work, she came over to watch the election returns with us. We ended up playing rock band and laughing our asses off until midnight.

We have windows!! We have windows!!! See photos above. The skinny windows on the top photo have a view to the mountains - obscured by a tree. Peter is threatening to cut the tree drastically in order to get a peekaboo view going. Not sure we really need to, since the front wall of the kitchen is now open to see the bigger view thru the dining room window. We're getting a little mountain view whore-ish over here...Bummer note. Our lead guy on the remodel was in a motorcycle accident on Friday. He's okay but spent some time in the hospital and has been off work. It seems to have slowed us down a bit. I'm leaning towards early December as a finish date for this monster.... we shall see. It's getting quite chilly in here these days with November weather and no insulation in a chunk of the space.

1 comment:

lisawho? said...

I'm sad for the intolerance of homosexuality as well. But still on the Obama high!!